Friday, August 26, 2005

Cat Food Bag

August 26, 2005

Packaging Technician (Bag)
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company
St. Louis, MO 63134

Dear Sir(s) and/or Madam(s).

I would like to preface my remarks with the following anecdote:

My cat Sauerkraut has a special pillow he likes to sleep on, a small, circular, blue pillow. I think it was left behind in the house when I moved in. That would be 1982 or 83.

This anecdote highlights just how important my cat Sauerkraut is to me. He (I think he's a he) is one part friend, one part companion, and a million parts all-around The Best Cat in the World. Which is why we buy and eat nothing but your Purina© Cat Chow© brand cat food Complete© Formula. (Well, we don’t both buy and eat it. I buy it. He eats it. I am just so accustomed to thinking of the two of as a “super team” that it just came out that way!)

One thing I have noticed about your product is the difficulty Sauerkraut has opening the bags by himself. I know that you have helpfully supplied a string for cats to pull on in order to open the bag, but I have been having a hard time getting Sauerkraut interested enough to grab it between his “hands.”

This has me stumped. Is there a way to make a remote control opener he could step on, or a zipper I could attach to his tail? An Easy-Tear© panel he could scratch apart? There must be some way to make it easier for him to get that darned delicious thing open!

Any help you could give would be highly appreciated. (By Sauerkraut, too!) Even if it’s something I would have to “rig up” myself. I have an ample garage if that sparks any ideas, and a wide array of power and conventional tools.

Thank you for “making time for Terry,”

William “Terry” Fietz